In late September, I was contacted by Ashley Smith Juarez, our district School Board member, regarding the elimination of Dupont Middle School’s after-school program. Apparently, due in part to a change in non-profit providers and in part to a change in criteria, Dupont had not been an identified site for a funded after-school program. The school year began with Dupont offering a fee based program, but the cost of the program was prohibitive for many families and the principal had reached out to Ms. Smith Juarez for help. Recognizing that this was the only site in the City that had slipped through the cracks, we worked to locate available funds and I introduced legislation that funded the program with a new provider for the balance of the school year. City Council passed that bill on October 24th and we were able to collectively resolve the issue with minimal disruption to the students and their families.
- January 2018 Newsletter
- Landon Park
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Three
- New Water Access coming to Southbank
- Friendship Fountain Restoration
- Quiet Zones- silencing the train horns
- Riverfront Park (AKA San Marco Beach)
- Flood Mitigation program available to residents of Reeds Subdivision and a portion of South Shores
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Two
- Do you know our Pedestrian Laws?
- LaSalle Street Drainage Improvements
- The Quiz Answers
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane helps to relieve morning back-ups
- Riverplace Boulevard “Road Diet”
- Pine Forest Sidewalks and Park improvements
- Hendricks Resurfacing- Cornell to San Marco Blvd.
- University Boulevard Crosswalk in Lakewood
- Cuba Hunter Park- Art in Public Places
- Overland Bridge
- After School Programming returns to Dupont Middle
- Southbank Parking
- Zoning and Land Use changes proposed for Southside Assembly of God land and adjacent parcels
Subscribe to District 5 NewsSign Up NowFor Email Marketing you can trust.