If you have had the opportunity to visit The Bearded Pig, a popular barbeque restaurant on Kings Avenue, you have probably parked in the JTA parking lot adjacent to Kings Avenue Parking Garage. The owners have been seeking to have a crosswalk installed across Kings Avenue to make it safer for those parking across the street to get to the restaurant. Kings Avenue is a state roadway and FDOT has a lighting standard for crosswalk locations. We are now working to confirm the current lighting level at the location in order to determine compliance. There is electricity available nearby in the event additional lighting is required but this hurdle must be met prior to installation of the crosswalk.
- Southbank Public Access/Amenity Improvements
- Window Displays at City Hall Highlight our History
- What Happened to the medians on San Marco Boulevard?
- Tomahawk Park
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane
- Pine Forest Curb and Gutter/Park
- Riverfront Park Bulkhead
- San Marco/San Jose Dog Park
- Hurricane Matthew Clean-up and Repairs
- Baker Skinner Park
Subscribe to District 5 News