If you have had the opportunity to visit The Bearded Pig, a popular barbeque restaurant on Kings Avenue, you have probably parked in the JTA parking lot adjacent to Kings Avenue Parking Garage. The owners have been seeking to have a crosswalk installed across Kings Avenue to make it safer for those parking across the street to get to the restaurant. Kings Avenue is a state roadway and FDOT has a lighting standard for crosswalk locations. We are now working to confirm the current lighting level at the location in order to determine compliance. There is electricity available nearby in the event additional lighting is required but this hurdle must be met prior to installation of the crosswalk.
- January 2018 Newsletter
- Landon Park
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Three
- New Water Access coming to Southbank
- Friendship Fountain Restoration
- Quiet Zones- silencing the train horns
- Riverfront Park (AKA San Marco Beach)
- Flood Mitigation program available to residents of Reeds Subdivision and a portion of South Shores
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Two
- Do you know our Pedestrian Laws?
- LaSalle Street Drainage Improvements
- The Quiz Answers
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane helps to relieve morning back-ups
- Riverplace Boulevard “Road Diet”
- Pine Forest Sidewalks and Park improvements
- Hendricks Resurfacing- Cornell to San Marco Blvd.
- University Boulevard Crosswalk in Lakewood
- Cuba Hunter Park- Art in Public Places
- Overland Bridge
- After School Programming returns to Dupont Middle
- Southbank Parking
- Zoning and Land Use changes proposed for Southside Assembly of God land and adjacent parcels
Subscribe to District 5 NewsSign Up NowFor Email Marketing you can trust.