The Downtown Investment Authority initiated a project in 2014 geared toward enhancing bicycle and pedestrian use, parking, Riverwalk access, and overall street level retail viability for RIverplace Boulevard between the Main Street Bridge and Hendricks. The conceptual design was approved by the Downtown Development Review Board in February and the project is now moving into the design contract phase. It will still be another year or more before the improvements are complete but I am personally very pleased with the project concept. It seems to take into account the many comments received from businesses, developers and residents who would be directly impacted and go a long way toward turning this section of the Southbank into a livable urban neighborhood. The project also provides important access points across Riverplace Boulevard for users of the Riverwalk, connecting parking opportunities to access points.
- Southbank Public Access/Amenity Improvements
- Window Displays at City Hall Highlight our History
- What Happened to the medians on San Marco Boulevard?
- Tomahawk Park
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane
- Pine Forest Curb and Gutter/Park
- Riverfront Park Bulkhead
- San Marco/San Jose Dog Park
- Hurricane Matthew Clean-up and Repairs
- Baker Skinner Park
Subscribe to District 5 News