Legislation is currently making its way through City Council that would appropriate over $400,000 of federal Community Development Block Grant funds for curb and gutter roadway improvements in the southern portion of the Pine forest community. Former City Councilman Warren Jones worked on this project for many years and was instrumental in funding the environmental assessment and design of curb and gutter improvements throughout the Pine Forest community. This allocation of funding for construction is the first of several phases that will eventually see curb and gutter with accompanying storm drains rather than open ditches, throughout the neighborhood. Johnson Avenue will be the first street completed with work progressing along Grant to the extent of available funds.
- January 2018 Newsletter
- Landon Park
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Three
- New Water Access coming to Southbank
- Friendship Fountain Restoration
- Quiet Zones- silencing the train horns
- Riverfront Park (AKA San Marco Beach)
- Flood Mitigation program available to residents of Reeds Subdivision and a portion of South Shores
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Two
- Do you know our Pedestrian Laws?
- LaSalle Street Drainage Improvements
- The Quiz Answers
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane helps to relieve morning back-ups
- Riverplace Boulevard “Road Diet”
- Pine Forest Sidewalks and Park improvements
- Hendricks Resurfacing- Cornell to San Marco Blvd.
- University Boulevard Crosswalk in Lakewood
- Cuba Hunter Park- Art in Public Places
- Overland Bridge
- After School Programming returns to Dupont Middle
- Southbank Parking
- Zoning and Land Use changes proposed for Southside Assembly of God land and adjacent parcels
Subscribe to District 5 NewsSign Up NowFor Email Marketing you can trust.