Legislation is currently making its way through City Council that would appropriate over $400,000 of federal Community Development Block Grant funds for curb and gutter roadway improvements in the southern portion of the Pine forest community. Former City Councilman Warren Jones worked on this project for many years and was instrumental in funding the environmental assessment and design of curb and gutter improvements throughout the Pine Forest community. This allocation of funding for construction is the first of several phases that will eventually see curb and gutter with accompanying storm drains rather than open ditches, throughout the neighborhood. Johnson Avenue will be the first street completed with work progressing along Grant to the extent of available funds.
- Southbank Public Access/Amenity Improvements
- Window Displays at City Hall Highlight our History
- What Happened to the medians on San Marco Boulevard?
- Tomahawk Park
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane
- Pine Forest Curb and Gutter/Park
- Riverfront Park Bulkhead
- San Marco/San Jose Dog Park
- Hurricane Matthew Clean-up and Repairs
- Baker Skinner Park
Subscribe to District 5 News