Unfortunately, work has yet to begin on the additional restroom facility at Baker Skinner. You will recall that I directed $40,000 of capital funds available for park improvements to Baker Skinner for batting cages back in the fall of 2014. Subsequently the Association decided that they would prefer to use the funds for an additional restroom, however the cost of that facility exceeded the funds available. A generous Board member who I understand is a licensed contractor agreed to build the facility for the available funds, but that of course created challenges with the City procurement and bid process. It appears that all City personnel have come to agreement on a process that would allow the construction to proceed using this contractor and his donations, and a meeting between Parks and the contractor is scheduled in the near future to finalize the terms of the contract. While the facility will not be complete for the spring season, I hope it will get underway in the very near future.
- January 2018 Newsletter
- Landon Park
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Three
- New Water Access coming to Southbank
- Friendship Fountain Restoration
- Quiet Zones- silencing the train horns
- Riverfront Park (AKA San Marco Beach)
- Flood Mitigation program available to residents of Reeds Subdivision and a portion of South Shores
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Two
- Do you know our Pedestrian Laws?
- LaSalle Street Drainage Improvements
- The Quiz Answers
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane helps to relieve morning back-ups
- Riverplace Boulevard “Road Diet”
- Pine Forest Sidewalks and Park improvements
- Hendricks Resurfacing- Cornell to San Marco Blvd.
- University Boulevard Crosswalk in Lakewood
- Cuba Hunter Park- Art in Public Places
- Overland Bridge
- After School Programming returns to Dupont Middle
- Southbank Parking
- Zoning and Land Use changes proposed for Southside Assembly of God land and adjacent parcels
Subscribe to District 5 NewsSign Up NowFor Email Marketing you can trust.