Last year, San Marco Preservation Society selected Whatley Park as their focus project. Working with the neighbors surrounding the park, a plan for a new sidewalk, benches, landscaping and lighting were agreed upon. Thanks to the hard work of Andrew Dickson from SMPS, Rob Smith, the landscape architect who donated his services, and Matt Carlucci and Don Halil who coordinated efforts with the nearby residents, the improvements should soon be reality. A number of trees were removed and some site work done late last year, but Daryl Joseph, our City Parks Director reports that all improvements should be completed before the end of March. Thank you Matt for staying on top of this one!
- January 2018 Newsletter
- Landon Park
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Three
- New Water Access coming to Southbank
- Friendship Fountain Restoration
- Quiet Zones- silencing the train horns
- Riverfront Park (AKA San Marco Beach)
- Flood Mitigation program available to residents of Reeds Subdivision and a portion of South Shores
- San Marco Traffic Calming- Part Two
- Do you know our Pedestrian Laws?
- LaSalle Street Drainage Improvements
- The Quiz Answers
- Old San Jose Stacking Lane helps to relieve morning back-ups
- Riverplace Boulevard “Road Diet”
- Pine Forest Sidewalks and Park improvements
- Hendricks Resurfacing- Cornell to San Marco Blvd.
- University Boulevard Crosswalk in Lakewood
- Cuba Hunter Park- Art in Public Places
- Overland Bridge
- After School Programming returns to Dupont Middle
- Southbank Parking
- Zoning and Land Use changes proposed for Southside Assembly of God land and adjacent parcels
Subscribe to District 5 NewsSign Up NowFor Email Marketing you can trust.